Friday 10 August 2018

Stuck at 18

Every woman refuses to grow up, hates to tell her age and try her best to show herself in a much younger age.
That's not the case for me. It is not about refusing to grow old, it is more about I don't have the mentality of my age.

I'm 29 years old, married and have a daughter. I am an engineer with some years of work experience. That was supposed to make me think like a 29. But no, my mind refuses to live this age. My mind is still stuck at 18 year old mentality.

I still think about what I want to do when I grow up, as if being engineer is not the answer. I still think about what new hobbies to explore as if I have the time for this. I still get excited about going on family trips to the beach.

My mind believes that I shouldn't be a mother because I am still not mature enough. I still have a long bucket list full of teenage adventures.

It always feel like I’m stuck in this adulthood life and duties while I need to go back in time and get things done and give my mind the needed time to grow old as well. A lot of unfulfilled dreams are still waiting but the 29 year old woman is so busy to go after them.


No comments:

Post a Comment